Returns & Exchange Policy
Seller : Returns and Refunds
- You will accept and process refunds, returns and adjustments with our return policies at the time of the applicable order, or if the buyers cancels the order in accordance with their right as consumers of goods in accordance with Malaysia law.
- We will determine and calculate the amount of refunds and adjustments or other amounts to be paid by you to buyers and will route all such payments through us. We will provide any such payments to the buyers and you will reimburse us for all amounts so paid. Note that we may offset such payments against any amounts to be remitted or paid by us to you under this Agreement or seek reimbursement from you via any of the means authorised in this Agreement.
- You will promptly provide refunds and adjustments that you are obliged to provide under our return polices and in no case later than 30 days after the obligation arises.
- Returned or rejected goods may be returned to you at your cost.
Returns and ReplacementsSedap or seller inspects all products carefully for defects prior to delivery. We attempt to be as accurate as possible with the information we provide. However, we do not warrant that product descriptions are 100% accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by seller is regarded as "Significantly Not as Described", your sole remedy is to return it in UNUSED condition with its original packaging.
The following are the conditions for returns and replacements due to the item being "Significantly Not as Described" :-
- You received a completely different item
- For example, you purchased a red pot but received a white pot instead. You are advised to report this to us immediately within 2 days after receipt of goods.
- The item was damaged during shipment
- You are advised to report this to us immediately within 2 days after receipt of goods. All deliveries are signed and dated on the consignment note provided by the carrier and will be used as proof of date of receipt of goods. It is your responsibility to inspect the goods upon receipt within the stipulated 2 days, whether by yourself or someone on your behalf. Failure to do so may disqualify you from the claim. We will file for claim with the carrier company and once it is clarified and approved, we will arrange for a replacement to you as soon as possible, usually within 7 days and return shipment is to be borne by customer. Please keep the original item and all packing materials as we will send you a return label to ship back the damaged goods.
- You purchased 3 items but only received 2
- If it is due to our error in packing the goods, once rectified, we will send a replacement of the outstanding good(s) and the cost will be borne by us.
An item is not "Significantly Not as Described" if it is materially similar to the item’s listing description. Here are some examples:
- The defect in the item was correctly described.
- The item was properly described but you did not want it after you received it.
- The item was properly described but it did not meet your expectations.
- Packaging/box was torn or dented, but the product was fine and functions as described.
- The received item was leaning towards purple but it was labelled as ‘pink’ color as provided by the manufacturer.
- The item was broken during first use because you did not read its guide carefully or did not enquire prior to use.
Buyer - ExchangesIf we are the Seller, we are happy to offer exchanges for all items (except for non-exchangeable items) purchased and if following conditions are met:
For every product, we provide as much information as possible about the items (usage, size, weight, material, etc), so we advise customers to read and understand the products carefully before confirming the order. Sedap do not practice item exchanges. If you are unsure about certain details/descriptions, kindly contact email@example.com before confirming the order.
Exchange policy (Fullfilment by Sedap)
- Proof of original receipt is presented to us within 2 days of purchase
- Product is in sellable condition with its original packaging and price tag (if any) is intact, and
- You are exchanging for something of same of higher value. Exchange for items of a lower value is possible but we will not be able to refund the balance in case or store credit
Exchange policy (Online)
- Your name and order number must be presented in store/sent to [email address] within 2 days from receipt of delivery/collection;
- Product is in sellable condition with its original packaging, and
- You are exchanging for something of same or higher value. Exchange for items of a lower value is possible but we will not be able to refund the balance in case or store credit.
Non-exchangable items include, but are not limited to:
- Fresh Food
- Fresh Fruit / Vegetables
- Baby Food
- Fresh Meat / Seafood
- Chilled / Frozen Food
Sedap generally does not practise refunds. However, in cases deemed under "Significantly Not as Described", when a returned item has been duely reported and received but a replacement or exchange is not possible due to factors such as Discontinued Item or Indefinite Out-of-Stock, a full refund of the item and delivery cost shall be reimbursed to you.
By default, all Sedap vouchers sent out are non-refundable. However, we are willing to service buyers on a case-by-case basis in terms of deal cancellations/e-voucher refunds. If you need to cancel a purchase or refund a coupon, you must do so by sending us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org with a valid reason.